Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rant about sweets & the holidays

Have you ever noticed that each holiday is tied to something sweet?  October...candy, candy & more candy;  Thanksgiving...pies;  Christmas....cookies, candy, pies;  Valentine's Day....chocolate;  Easter....more chocolate.  When does the cycle end??  I'm one of those people who can't stay away from the chocolate, cakes, pies, etc.  If it has sugar in it, I can smell it from a mile away!  I tend to not buy chocolate around Valentine's or Easter.  However, it sure is tempting when the toddler brings it home from school!

I have downed a bag of those Peepsters in a couple of weeks.  week. Nice, right??  This is my weakness!  If I could just push the chocolate out of my life, I would be a happier person.  Well, maybe.

For me, it's like starting all over with the New Year's resolution with each holiday that passes.  Is it like that for you too?  Please tell me I'm not the ONLY one that goes through this!  So, I have started my New Year's resolution again & there is to be NO sweets of ANY kind in our house.  I've come out of my chocolate coma & I want to stay out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment