Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sweet mother

I swore off sweets of ANY kind around me or our house at the beginning of the week.  I'm now down 1.4 lbs.   I have been drinking lots of water, quit diet coke's cold turkey.  I thought this would be the best way to do it because if I have a drink or a sip, I'm just going to want more.  I surprised myself too by quitting cold turkey.  I have not had any temptations to drink one. 

Kinda the same with the sweets.  I have decided that I just can't eat the stuff or I just keep going back for more.  I have replaced my sweets with no more than three (3) fruits/day.  This, too, seems to be working.  I have had no sugar cravings.  Yep, none at all.  So, I'm hoping to keep this up.  You know, they say it takes two weeks to make a habit stick.  Let's cross our fingers. 

I am doing a 28 day bootcamp for my exercise.  It's a mixture of strength training, basically using your own body weight, and cardio.  I had been lifting weights for about 9 months, so I was ready for a change.  I think my body was too.  As for my cardio, I'm still running.  I have my 10k (Conn's Green 6.2) coming up at the end of this month, so I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment