Thursday, April 26, 2012

The scale is my friend

For some, the scale is a monster.  For me, it is my friend.  I use it to help me adjust my eating through out the week.  Yeah, sometimes I don't like what it has to say to me.  But, I have to have my scale readings each morning.

I had a feeling when I stepped on the scale at the beginning of this week, that I had consumed too many carbs.  Well, 167.6 tells me my feelings were correct!  Needless to say, this week, I have cut back on the carbs.  I weighed again this morning & my weight is down to 166.4.  It's a great day when I get up & the scale has gone down!  I fluctuate so much, it drives my nuts.  I can't find a consistent eating pattern that helps budge the bulge.
 
I'm thinking of creating a challenge for myself.  Thinking.....maybe, just maybe, this will help me be consistent with my eating.  You have to have a little challenge in your life, right?  May will kick off my challenge month.  Now, I have to think of what my challenge will be.  Should it be weekly?  monthly?  I'll figure it out.  I still have a couple of days.

I have my 10k (Conn's Green 6.2) this Saturday.  Can I just say, I am totally NOT prepared!  My running partner has been out, having a baby.  Yeah, I would say that would be important.  So, I have slacked off in the running dept.   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment