It's been a while since I have been on here. Yeah, guess you can say I took a hiatus. However, I am back & it's time to get back into the swing of things. Fall is in the air, well not here in Texas yet, and I'm ready to get back to it. "It" meaning losing weight. I've been training for the Metropcs Dallas half marathon in December and then Houston half marathon in January. So, it's not like I've been sitting on my butt. It's been fun this training season. I started with a new training group and love, love, them! I run 3 days a week and then do my long run on Saturday mornings. So, my training schedule pretty much stayed the same. I just gained new friends & an awesome coaching team!
The only problem when I train for a half marathon or marathon is that I gain weight. I hear it's fairly common. To counter this problem, I have been working with a nutritionist that specializes in marathon training. I have, actually, been working with her for a while now. Like, almost SEVEN years (on & off)! We recently met via phone conference, since she lives in another state, and revamped my eating plan. I didn't like the idea at first. I am one of those that hates change. But, I gave it the two week trial and viola! I am not a hungry monster when I come in from my runs, I stay full longer, and AND I am starting to lose weight again. I am super excited!
You know what else helps me lose weight? Writing this blog! I am not sure why, but it does. It makes me feel good, even though I know there's probably not a soul reading it. And, I am perfectly happy with that! Crazy how the mind works, huh??
No comments:
Post a Comment