Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Made It...thru May!

I had some goals for May that I wanted to meet.  I met some of them, but not all.  Here's an overview of my May challenge.

1.  My Net Diary (www.mynetdiary.com) is one of the easiest mobile apps that is out there.  I don't like how some of the foods that I eat are not in the list already, but they are easy to add.  When in doubt about calories of something I eat, I just "google" it and use the generic nutrition data of whatever it is that I am "googling". 
I have met this challenge for the month of May & am VERY proud of myself!  Food Journalling is not something that I have always stuck with, in the form of a pen & paper.  But, now with the high technology of linking the mobile apps with the computer apps, I seem to have my food journal down.

2.  Another challenge was to "cut back on carbs".  I've been able to do this fairly easy.  If I order a sandwich out, I'll eat half the bun.  You'll be surprised with how many calories you are saving!  I, also, cut back on my carbs at lunch (bring my lunch to work now) and at home.  I've added salad night, one night a week and then, the other nights I just take 1/2 of the carbs I usually eat (i.e. potatoes, whole wheat noodles, etc.).

3.  A big one for me....take my lunch to work more.  Yep, I L-O-V-E to eat out.  I use lunch as my outlet to do this.  I have done a total about face & have started bringing my lunch just about every day now.  There are times where I get a phone call to go have lunch, so those are usually the days I eat out.  However, those phone calls don't come very often!  By bringing my lunch, I am in control of my carbs, calories, fat, sodium, etc.... which could only lead to benefits in the weight loss department!

4.  The gym.  Oh, the gym.  I'm going, but missing one day a week.  Not because I want to.  It's because I have a toddler that keeps getting up in the middle of the night like she did when she was an infant!  I'm hoping this will pass soon.  I can't function off of 5 hrs. a sleep each night.  I'm one to need atleast 8 hours of sleep a night.  I'll have to say, this one is still a work in progress.  I do run in the evenings on the days that I don't make it to the gym.  However, I NEED that weight training.

All-in-all, I am very proud of myself with my May challenge. I lost a total of four (4) pounds in the month of May.  Can I hear a big "OH YEAH!"??!!  I know I'm posting this now, but as of June 2nd, I weighed in at 162.8lbs.  I'm smiling.  :)

I look forward to setting a few goals for June, even though we are a week into the month.  It's never too late to set goals & get started.  


No comments:

Post a Comment